The Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund organized the Developing group of the aiding plantation planters to form rubber farmers in its responsibility. This is to make it easy in supporting farmers for sustainable development. In 2001, the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund cooperated with farmers and developed the management of 4,000 groups which were 675 cooperatives of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund and development groups of 3,325 aiding plantation planters. One group in farmer development project is rubber sheet production. The government in collaboration with the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund over the past years has invested in buildings for smoked rubber sheets about 2,000 millions baht and the constructions have been finished already while the beginning of procedures depends on factors of the market. To succeed the project proceeding, it is necessary to have the markets supported products of the project. The possible way to succeed the project now is to concentrate on domestic markets. Meanwhile, the aiding plantation planters of the developing group will be trained about business and they have to produce the products according to the market requirements before exporting. One of the policies is to use the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund offices both of 60 Provincial/District Offices and a Central Office being the Rubber Market because of their facilities, technology, buildings, vehicles, and others. In additions, there are warehouses and personal officers at some offices, so these can cut down the expenses. The Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund will use the working system of Rubberpaper in doing business through communication tools. The small holders will send the quantity and quality information of products by fax to the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund and they do not load the products coming to the market like the past. The Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund has 4,000 groups of small holder under its responsibility, while the traders who purchase the products are domestic rubber factories which support farmers to get the high price and it is also helpful for rubber users to get the low price when compare with purchasing from the exporters. The rubber users will get the good quality and quantity of products. Furthermore, they can require the quality, packaging, and other requirements according to their needs. Another success in the market operation is cooperation of small holders and traders who liked by the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund. Traders and small holders have to attend the meeting regularly to be well acquainted and to exchange the news for helping each other at the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund every week. Moreover, they may communicate or do the advertising to know well each other and it is easy and fast to do the business. In the case of having problems which need to be solved, the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund will appoint the representatives from 3 sections which are the trader, the small holder, and the officer of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund in the trilateral form. This is to resolve the problems for making the business done completely. In addition, they can improve the market operation properly, while the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund will be the coordinator for traders and small holders in any facilities and to make sure that every section will get the benefits from the Rubber Market.
The Roles of the ORRAF Rubber Market in the Farmer Section
Most of farmers in the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund are the aiding plantation planters who are in the developing groups (3,325 groups) and the cooperatives of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund (675 cooperatives). The roles of farmers are as follows:
1. To form the powerful agricultural institute being ready to develop themselves in many aspects;
2. To support farmers by activities so that they understand and receive the accurate information, or they receive the academic knowledge to develop themselves for making sustainable progress in the occupation from attending the meeting, attending the training courses, and doing the activities together;
3. To assemble in rubber manufacturing by using smoked houses to produce rubber sheets, ribbed smoked sheets, air dried sheets, crepe rubber, liquid natural rubber, concentrated latex, or block rubber according to available tools which provided by themselves or the government section. The production has to accord the cosmopolitan standard or the marker requires. This can ask for assists from the experts or the government;
4. To be the member of the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund so as to register being the small holders who have to inform about the total and quality of product maintenance according to the market requirements. In addition, small holders have to follow the agreements or contracts of the market. This is to make the reliability and to maintain a long term partnership and sustainable business;
5. To suggest the approach in the market improvement and to solve the problems by appointing the representative from small holders to be one of the trilateral committee;
Most of rubber users are the domestic traders of rubber factories, or rubber exporters. Their duties are as follows:
1. To produce the various products which were made from rubber according to the customer requirements, and to do the product competition in domestic and foreign markets, or to export the products;
2. To assemble the group of rubber users. For example, the factory groups which produce domestic products. This is to have the power in benefit protection and to have the potential in group development;
3. To attend the meeting regularly for exchanging the ideas and news;
4. To apply being the member if the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund;
5. To express the requirements of rubber both of quantity and quality in details to the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund so that these details will be informed to the small holders who will improve the product quality according to the users;
6. To follow the agreement signed with the traders;
7. To suggest the method for the market improvement and to solve the problems by appointing the representative from traders to be one of the trilateral committee;
The Government Section or the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund
The government section or the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund has the roles in coordinating and giving facilities for traders and small holders including to be the witness in doing business and making agreements. The Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund has duties of making contracts in trading as follows:
1. To organize the market places by using the Offices of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund both of Provincial offices and District offices including the Central office in Bangkok located the Rubber Markets of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund due to their facilities for the management such as communication tools and officers;
2. To provide the information and news about rubber, international rubber business, and rubber situation updating. This is to support small holders in knowing information and making decision in trading;
3. To have the distinguished officer structure in the market operation. For example, marketing analysis section, juristic section, contract section, marketing section, information collecting section, and market registration section;
4. To manage the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund being different from other bureaucracy operation. It has to be commercial system with facilities in communication;
5. To coordinate the traders and small holders in direct trading. The officers of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund will collect and analyze the information from traders and small holders. Then they will contact both sides to negotiate and decide about trading;
6. To collect the information of registration both of traders (in quantity and quality of product requirements) and small holders (in the quality and quantity of products);
7. To be one of the representatives in the trilateral committee improving the market operation and solving the problems of the Rubber Market.
Procedures of the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund
1.Develoment group of the aiding replanting planters > Apply for the membership > Being registered by the Rubber Markets of ORRAF 2. Traders > Apply for the membership > Being registered by the Rubber Markets of ORRAF 3. The Rubber Markets of ORRAF > Collect and analyze the information, deal with > Traders and small holders 4. The Rubber Markets of ORRAF > Organize the meetings among 3 sections > Small holders, traders, ORRAF 5. The Rubber Markets of ORRAF > Provide making the agreements, making contracts signed by > Small holders, traders, ORRAF as the witness 6. The Rubber Markets of ORRAF > Manage the payment > Traders 7. The Rubber Markets of ORRAF > Make a deal in handing products > Small holders 8. The Rubber Markets of ORRAF > Follow the results of trading for improving the market operation > Traders and small holders 9. The Rubber Markets of ORRAF > Solve the problems by > Appointing the committee from 1. Small holders 2. Traders 3. ORRAF
The Important Points in Building the Security for the Rubber Market of the Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund Successful are as follows:
1. Organizing the meeting for small holders and traders regularly to be well acquainted with each other, thought there is no trading at that time. When there is a trading, the price agreement will be dealt rapidly and easily because traders and small holders have already known each other;
2. Responsible for the payment of traders. The Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund has to manage the payment processes before dealing with small holders about handing products. This is to keep the benefit for small holders;
3. Dealing with traders and small holders to hand the products according to the agreement about quantity, quality, place, and time. This is to keep the benefit for traders. The trading may be examined by The Office of Rubber Replanting Aid Fund as well.
Benefits from the Rubber Market
Farmer Section Traders/ Business Section 1. To sell the products in the high price. 1. To purchase the products in the low price. 2. To produce the products according to the market requirements. 2. To choose the target area of production. 3. To know the information of the market. 3. To choose the products both of quantity and quality. 4. To be the choice for farmers who want to make the progress and develop the product quality. 4. To reduce the production cost. 5. To know the information, conditions, restrictions, and chances in making the decision. 5. To enhance the ability in competition.